My Canvas Coursebook by Pearson for CBSE English Class 4
My Canvas is an all-inclusive course in English with a focus on developing skills and building language competencies.A blended learning tool, the course has been designed to teach language for effective communication. The focus on linguistic form and function provides holistic language learning, laying a firm foundation for using English confidently.
The coursebook contains fascinating, contemporary pieces of prose, poetry, essays, articles and drama to enrich the reading experience of young learners. In keeping with the blended approach, for the integrated development of the learner, each book has been divided into many classic and contemporary themes. The pre-theme pages help the learner connect with Multi-skill and Ml activities. The Brush Up page reinforces and extends learning with reflection and life skills.
Table of Contents
1. The River Bank Kenneth Grahame
2. The Champa Flower Rabindranath Tagore
3. The Way Animals Talk
4. How I Taught My
Grandmother to Read Sudha Murthy
5. How the Litt le Kite Learned to Fly Katherine Pyle
6. Wonderful Kalam
7. ‘Bravo! Amir Agha!’ Khaled Hosseini
8. These Simple Things Ruskin Bond
9. La Tomatina
10. A Strange Case RL Stevenson
11. Thomas Alva Edison Vivian Gouled
12. Global ‘Warning’!
Art and Culture
13. The Tunnel Shama Futehally
14. Dances of India
15. Androcles and the Lion