My Canvas Coursebook by Pearson for CBSE English Class 6
My Canvas is an all-inclusive course in English with a focus on developing skills and building language competencies.A blended learning tool, the course has been designed to teach language for effective communication. The focus on linguistic form and function provides holistic language learning, laying a firm foundation for using English confidently.
The coursebook contains fascinating, contemporary pieces of prose, poetry, essays, articles and drama to enrich the reading experience of young learners. In keeping with the blended approach, for the integrated development of the learner, each book has been divided into many classic and contemporary themes. The pre-theme pages help the learner connect with Multi-skill and Ml activities. The Brush Up page reinforces and extends learning with reflection and life skills.
Table of Contents
1. The Fir Tree Hans Christian Andersen
2. Daff odils William Wordsworth
3. Nor Any Drop to Drink!
4. My Computer Burmah M Teague
5. Jagadish Chandra Bose
6. Social Media: Curse or Boon?
Life in the Future
7. There Will Come Soft Rains Sara Teasdale
8. World in 2075 63
9. Creation of a Giant Mary Shelley
10. Grandma Climbs a Tree Ruskin Bond
11. Colour Me Pink Andaleeb Wajid
12. Bihu 102
Art and Culture
13. Indian Weavers Sarojini Naidu
14. A Classic Revisited Bhawana Somaaya
15. The Holy Panchayat Prem Chand
16. Where the Sidewalk Ends Shel Silverstein
17. Smart Classes 145
18. The Bishop’s Candlesticks Norman McKinnel